Foundation For Giving Grants
STOREY KENWORTHY FOUNDATION FOR GIVING GRANT PROGRAM
The Storey Kenworthy Foundation for Giving Grant Program exists to provide selected non-profit organizations in the State of Iowa, with financial assistance to further their programming in our local communities. We seek to support organizations whose mission align with our core giving priorities and demonstrate fiscal and social responsibility through quantifiable means.
Application and Selection Process
The Storey Kenworthy Foundation for Giving awards (5) $5000 grants per calendar year within the scope of our core giving priorities: Honoring our Heroes, Medical Research and Support, Children & Education. Timeframe for submission of application is July 1st through August 31st.
From September 1 – 30, the Community Engagement Committee will select (4) finalists from each of our giving priorities to be advanced to the Senior Management Team for final selection. Senior Management will then choose the recipients from this pool during the month of October with a goal of distributing funding in November.
Honoring our Heroes
Storey Kenworthy employees have identified supporting our veterans and first responders as a key focus. Causes that will be considered for a grant will promote the health, legacy, and honor of those who have served our country in the military or as a first responder.
Many employees at Storey Kenworthy have been affected by illness - whether personally or through a loved one. We will consider organizations that conduct research for cures of terminal illness or provide support to families affected by terminal disease.
Children and Education
Storey Kenworthy recognizes the importance of the healthy development of youth in our communities and the value of educational opportunities for all young people. We support programs that promote learning, social readiness, health, and nutrition programs, serving at-risk or under-represented children in grades PreK-12.
Organizations that will be considered for the annual grant will:
- Be a certified 501c3 non-profit organization with a physical presence and address in the State of Iowa
- Submit their application by an employee, board member, or volunteer of that organization.
- Provide a specific program relevant to Storey Kenworthy’s giving priorities
- Provide proof of execution and demonstration of the impact of the grant to the Iowa community
- Be submitted by the application deadline (August 31st) and meet all requirements of the application process
The Storey Kenworthy Foundation for Giving will not consider requests:
- That benefit only a specific individual or family
- That do not address one of our Foundation’s Core Giving Priorities
- For sporting events, fundraisers, galas or athletic teams
- From organizations that received a grant from the Storey Kenworthy Foundation for Giving in the previous fiscal year
- That are incomplete, lack the required documentation, or submitted incorrectly
In case of equal applications, the following criteria may be used as a tie-breaker:
- Organizations with whom Storey Kenworthy employees volunteer or serve as a Board Member
- Organizations which are headquartered in the state of Iowa
- Organizations with a demonstrated “buy local” policy
- Current clients of any of the Storey Kenworthy Family of Companies
- Storey Kenworthy / Matt Parrott / Workspace / Business Furniture Warehouse / Monkeytown
Awarded Grant Recipients
Alzheimer's Association - Medical Research and Family Support
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Medical Research and Family Support
DM Rowing Club AMI Program - Honoring Heroes
Youth Emergency Shelter and Services - Children and Education
Children & Families of Iowa - Children and Education
Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation - Children and Education
Children's Cancer Connection - Medical Research and Family Support
Puppy Jake Foundation - Honoring Heroes
For more information, contact:
Lincoln Dix, Community Engagement Chair
1333 Ohio Street
Des Moines, IA 50314