March 27, 2020
Subject: COVID-19 Update
In response to further developments in the spread of the coronavirus, Storey Kenworthy remains committed to the safety of our employees, communities and a reliable supply chain partner to our valued customers – particularly those on the front-lines of battling this pandemic and deemed essential by the state of Iowa.
Please be advised that high demand items such as disinfectants, hand sanitizers, soaps, cleaners, bathroom towels and tissues will be prioritized to clients in the medical, childcare, logistics, state government and food manufacturing industries. Orders of these products from clients in industries that have been ordered closed by the Governor are being reallocated to those which are deemed essential.
Beginning on March 11, and through the fluidity of this crisis, the Storey Kenworthy Family of Companies have implemented the following precautions and policies to our business:
- Operations and Delivery
- Signature confirmation not be required for supply deliveries
- Operations, Delivery and Installation teams receive priority of available internal supplies of disinfectant & hand sanitizer products to ensure their & our clients’ safety
- Social distancing, coughing into an elbow sleeve and hand cleanliness at all times
- Operations staff are empowered to leave any environment – immediately – if they feel unsafe or at risk of exposure
- Desktop and Departmental delivery suspended; deliveries are to a single drop point, maintaining a 6 foot radius to other individuals
- Residential delivery of supplies is available for at-home employees – ask your Account Manager for details if you need this service
- Business Continuity
- Due to Governor Reynolds’ announcement on March 26th, our Business Furniture Warehouse store in Urbandale is temporarily closed with a reopen date of April 7th.
- Confirmed redundancies in systems, key personnel, cyber security and operations support
- Offices are secured and no longer open to the public, suppliers or customers
- IT Dept has configured and deployed mobile technology to enable team members to work from home that would otherwise be unable to do so
- Purchasing Dept has ramped up purchases of janitorial essentials and sourced alternative brands to keep customers supplied during this time
- Preparing our petition for a waiver, should the State enact a shelter-in-place protocol
- Employee, Customer and Supplier Safety & Communication
- All employees that can – are working from home
- Additional cleaning of high-touch surfaces in offices
- Mandatory hand-washing immediately upon entering any of our facilities for any employee who must continue to do so
- Education and resources provided to all employees with daily updates from leadership
- Distribution of disinfectants & hand soap and sanitizer products to all offices still operating
- Employees exhibiting symptoms, who have traveled to Level 3 areas, over the Spring Break timeframe, or come in contact with individuals who may have been exposed to the virus are empowered self-quarantine without penalty or loss of pay
If you have any questions, please contact your Storey Kenworthy Account Manager, our Customer Service team, or any member of company leadership.
Storey Kenworthy Family of Companies